Position: Assistant Buyer
Reports To: Contract Mfg. Buyer – Planner
Summary: This position will be responsible for expediting purchased products and verify accurate inventory levels necessary to fulfill work orders in an ISO 9000:2015 environment.
- Operate SMT, Mirtec and related equipment and load appropriate program(s) from HLC or other source.
- Select appropriate screen and program for solder paste printer and set up machine for daily run.
- Select appropriate program for reflow oven.
- Load bare boards into feeder and begin production cycle.
- Trouble shoot minor machine/feeder problems.
- Replenish feeders as required.
- Inspect machine output to ensure a quality product.
- Perform routine maintenance on SMT or Mirtec equipment.
- Maintain production records in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Monitor part usage and report any shortages to the Materials Planner.
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment.
- Meet minimal physical demands requirement.
- Maintain a good attendance, flexible in job assignment and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Continually learn and apply new skills.
- Foster a cooperative, productive, team-oriented environment, follow all company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Should possess solid analytical skills.
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Computer literacy applied to scheduling and data management.
- Familiarity with electrical components desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
- Prior MRP/ERP experience desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software required.
- Environmental Safety and Health.
- Quality System Awareness.